Business Development Professional
As a result of our growth, we are searching for a motivated sales professional with both industry knowledge and a proven background in Information Technology sales. This role requires the ability to create and cultivate solid business relationships in the enterprise market - focused in a hunting role through a high-volume of prospecting activities. You will be an integral contributor to the continued expansion of our presence in the marketplace by driving our growth, profitability and client acquisition.
ICT is a 20 year old IT asset management company located in Malden Massachusetts which is a leader in the field of reuse and repurposing of a variety of types of electronic equipment. Our recently created IT Asset Recovery/Recycling division has been operating on a pilot basis for the past year and has recently achieved R2 and ISO 14000 certification with e-Stewards certification in process. Our mission is to be the trusted, go to company for the certified handing of an organization’s end of life and no longer required electronic equipment.
The successful candidate will have a robust rolodex of existing customer relationships along with strong relationships with sales representatives from Enterprise OEMs such as Cisco, Juniper, HP, SureTel, EMC, vendors to name a few. As our sales process is both highly consultative and complex, we look for individuals who are aggressive, team oriented and detail oriented with the ability to manage a complex sales process.
The Position requirements:
- Build and manage a growing pipeline of opportunities; drive new business by leveraging strong partner and client relationships;
- Create awareness, build relationships with key decision makers, and develop/pursue leads;
- Manage the sales lifecycle from lead generation, proposal, contract negotiations to closure;
- Prospect and qualify new leads through cold calling, leveraging personal contacts and following up on company generated leads;
- Prepare strategic plans regarding lead generation, prospect contact, and structure of calls/appointments/follow-ups;
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts; must have understanding of ROI and P&L
- Complete weekly and monthly forecasting and pipeline reporting in Sales Force.
Additional requirements include:
- BS degree with 5+ years of technical sales experience to enterprise accounts selling IT technology for a OEM or Channel Partner.
- Expertise in sales planning, prospecting and lead generation into new markets as well as advanced levels of business acumen (e.g., ROI, P & L, business environment, market forces, the client’s products, markets, customers and competitors).
- Strong "hunter" skill set, with well-established enterprise relationships and driven by challenges and rewards to proactively build and manage a prospect lead pipeline with dozens of open sales opportunities at any point in time.
- Ability to drive a prospect’s sales strategy with an opportunity plan that includes specific sales objectives, appropriate strategies, and detailed tactics.
- Creative selling skills with the ability to present a compelling overview and relevant examples of other clients’ experiences and convince the client of our value proposition by framing solutions in the context of value to the client.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation and negotiation skills
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented approach with a flexible, "whatever it takes" attitude
- Proven ability to thrive and succeed in a dynamic, fast growing, start up type environment. Highly versatile and motivated, high energy leadership style and demonstrated ability to build strong relationships.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous/pressure situations. Strong team skills including the ability to be a team player.
- Experience working at a IT channel partner or with IT Equipment Vendors
- Compensation - Base Salary , uncapped commissions plus benefits